Frizzy, damaged hair is only made worse by hot weather and humid conditions. The Brazilians have the answer, it’s time we followed suit!
The Brazilian Blowout, although strictly a salon treatment, so not something you can do to yourself at home, really is the answer to your prayers. If you suffer from dry, damaged or frizzy hair, or even if you just want your tight curls to be relaxed, then you should definitely give this treatment a go.
Over the last few years, there have been numerous keratin treatments to hit the market, many of them claiming to be able to smooth out your frizz and relax curly hair. However, the difference between these, along with chemical straightening treatments and the Brazilian Blowout is that the BB products are actually good for your hair!
That’s right, thanks to a specially formulated list of ingredients and breakthrough bonding technologies, these treatments will actually improve the condition and the health of your hair, by forming a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to eliminate the frizz and smooth the cuticle. This protective layer will guard the individual hair strands against the cold, heat and dryness and, amazingly, it will last for up to three months, so you won’t need to sit for hours with the straightening irons for a good long while after you visit the salon.
Here’s how it works:
Through the use of a Brazilian super-nutrient complex and a proprietary polymer system, the Brazilian Blowout products are designed to be painted on to the hair, heat bonded and then last for several months after your salon visit.
At the salon:
The first few keratin treatment products to be developed ended up requiring a lengthy process to make them work. Before the Brazilian Blowout products, you used to have to make several salon visits — one to have the product applied and then the second, after a period of a few days, to have it washed out and straightened. This application of this product will take approximately 90 minutes and you will be able to wash your hair the day after you leave the salon, should you need to.
- Upon entering the salon, a stylist will shampoo your hair using a special type of product which removes leftover residue from any other products you might have been using.
- After towel drying your hair, the stylist will then apply the Brazilian Blowout product by taking sections of hair in turn and painting it on from root to tip.
- Following this, the stylist will then blow-dry your hair as straight as possible with the product on it. After this, he or she will then part the hair into sections and straighten the hair with a flat iron. This heat straightening will help the product to bond to your hair and it is also integral to the smoothing and de-frizzing process.
- You will then have your hair rinsed, a treatment masque applied, which helps to condition and seal the product and then you will receive another rinse.
- Finally you will have your hair blow-dried again and styled as you would wish and a finishing serum applied. And then you are good to go! Radiant, silky, soft and smooth hair will then be yours for the next few months.
Things to watch for:
There are many different keratin products on the market, some of which use very similar names and bottles to the Brazilian Blowout. Be very careful which of these you choose as some of them will not be as healthy as they claim to be. The Brazilian Blowout is one of the most recommended and quality-proven of all the products available so you would do well to look into using this one.
This treatment is available at Elie & Jean hair salons and their products are available for stylists at the Elie & Jean salon supplies shop.