Bridal Showers can be boring! If you know the bride-to-be has a good sense of humour, go ahead and spice things up with a Lingerie Shower instead, says Amy Vaya.
What is a Lingerie Shower?
First things first: What is a Lingerie Shower? It’s a party, much like a bridal shower, where friends of the bride get together and give her gifts of racy lingerie. The idea is to stock up her lingerie drawer for the honeymoon and sexy nights forever after!
Planning for the party
• Hold the party well in advance, because as it gets closer to the wedding, the bride will have other things to focus on.
• Send out cheeky invites. Make sure all the guests know it’s a Lingerie Shower and to bring gifts accordingly. Ask the bride for her bra and panty size and include it with the invitations so presents are the right size. This is especially important since a lot of stores will not exchange or refund lingerie.
• It’s best to have the Lingerie Shower in the comfort either the bride’s or a friend’s home. That way you can be yourselves and make all the naughty jokes you want!
• Keep the guest list to the bride’s closest friends. She won’t want to be unwrapping sexy stuff in front of people she doesn’t know very well!
Decoration and food
• You can really have fun with decoration. Use lace ribbons, silk sashes, feathers and, of course, lingerie.
• Hang up a clothes line with pegs. As she unwraps each item, have her hang it up. At the end, get her to pose with them all – it will make for a great picture.
• Food should be sweet and sinful, just like the lingerie! Think chocolate-covered strawberries or cupcakes topped with icing bras.
• Also think of fun games to play such as a naughty pass the parcel or pin the tail on the fireman!
Other gift ideas
Just because it’s a Lingerie Shower doesn’t mean you can’t think outside the box in terms of presents. How about a really cheeky pair of boxers for the groom-to-be, or perhaps gift cards, lotions, massage oils or candles?