The modern day woman doesn’t have the luxury to spend hours prepping up before she takes on the world. Luckily, the Woman this Month beauty team has plenty of easy-to-follow tips that will have you out the door in no time; and looking fabulous while you’re at it.
1. Dry shampoo. When you have no time to wash your hair and are in need of a quick fix, dry shampoo is your best bet. Apply on roots and it will instantly absorb oil as well as add volume to your tresses. Stash it in your car or office desk for emergencies.
2. Skip your foundation. It can be time consuming and even unnecessary, especially for a day look. Opt for a tinted moisturiser for hydration and coverage. Two birds, one stone.
3. Let your hair down. Straightening your hair in the morning could take hours. Thankfully, the messy do is a huge trend for 2013. To avoid looking like you just got out of bed, apply some anti-frizz serum.
4. Dry the basics. You woke up late and have 30 minutes to head out. Try the T-zone blow-dry. Dry down your bangs or part and just around your hairline.
5. Buy multi-purpose make-up. Use make-up that multitasks to speed up the application process. If you are on a tight budget for a beauty shopping spree, use lip gloss as cheek colour, bronzer as eye make-up and black shadow as eyeliner.
6. Blot. Do you look like a grease monkey half way through your day? Always carry blotting tissue paper with you. If you are yet to try this product, we at WTM swear by it. Dab it on your problem areas and stay shine free for the rest of the day.
7. Add some colour. A pop of colour is one of the best ways to waken a tired-looking complexion. Apply a rosy cream blush and a hint of lip stain and you are good to go.
8. Two-in-one. You might be on a busy schedule, but your hair doesn’t have to suffer. Use two-in-one shampoo and conditioner to cut your shower time in half while still maintaining nourished locks.
9. Skip the lipstick. Yes, lipstick makes for a luscious pout. However, for the up and about woman, the tinted lip gloss is a more practical alternative. You don’t need the same precision to put it on as you would a lipstick and it doesn’t look bad when it wears off.
YOUR BEAUTY EMERGENCY KIT
10. Concealer. Our number one trick to hide tired, puffy eyes is a good concealer. Never leave home without it.
11. Eyeliner. A quick way to transition from day to night while on the move is by sporting a simple winged-liner look. For foolproof application, use a pencil instead of the liquid kind.
12. Moisturiser. This is a beauty essential. Pack one that can be used on both your hands and face for a quick nourishment fix.
13. Tinted lip balm. No matter where you are headed, you should always have lip balm to keep your lips moisturised and flake-free.
14. Scarf or head band. This is your go-to solution for a bad hair day. Simply tie your hair into a bun and wear a trendy hair piece for a polished look; no one will ever know you didn’t have time to do your hair!
15. Make-up removal wipes. Pre-moistened make-up removing wipes are convenient must-haves for every woman. They remove dirt, make-up and oil from your eyes and face in a flash, while tightening pores and even offering antioxidant protection.
16. Q-tips. This is the easiest way to correct raccoon eyes and other errors resulting from ‘on-the-go’ make-up’ application.
17. Your most flattering lipstick. Do you have a dinner date but look washed out after a long day at work? Nothing will brighten up your smile like a bold colour on your lips.
18. Tweezers. Unnecessary? We don’t think so! You never know when you are in need of a quick brow touch up and it’s always better to be prepared.
19. Pack light. The purpose of a make-up bag is to carry only your ‘touch up’ tools. Pack light and carry your essentials. You can also look for special travel-sized beauty products to lighten your load.
20. Keep it simple. Functionality is the key essence when choosing the right make-up bag. We suggest you go with a clear bag so you can easily see what is inside. It should be big enough to carry all that you need but small enough to fit into your everyday purse.